Saturday, August 07, 2010

Experience the Avatar




Watched Avatar in my DVD. I am sure many of you would have watched it in the theatres and enjoyed the effects of 3D too.

This is not a movie review. But yet, can't let go without saying what I felt when I watched this movie.

Beautiful, out of the world, creative, philosophical, and dreamy...

I had always been a dreamer. As a kid, when I gazed at the star filled skies, I imagined me going over there. I wondered at the secrets those glittering stars held. I dreamt of the colors I could experience on those yonder lands. I thought I would get there after my death.

Over time, I stifled my dreamy nature and tamed my senses to stay grounded to the Earth. But now when I saw this movie, I realised that I should not have put to my dreamy nature to death. Because when I saw this movie, I noticed that it was my dreams out there in a different dimension.

The movie is not about science. It is not a piece of fiction. It is not about animation or graphics.
It is about love. Love for nature, love for every other living thing that breathes around you, love for this beautiful planet that twists and turns, for us to live.

This movie made me think of innumerable questions.

When did we start disconnecting with nature? - was it when the first human started covering himself in the name of civilization? Or, was it when the first wheel was invented?

Should we really rejoice about the innumerable inventions we make everyday in the name of Science and evolution? - We invented from nature. But we took the inventions far away from it. So, what is there to rejoice about it?

In the course of our evolution and civilization, did we ever find the key to living? A purpose to life? We never did. The evolved souls are almost there but drop off before paving the way for the others to evolve.
This movie showed that the key to make things work around you is hidden in the heart, in the mind, in the silent part of our selves that reach out to the energy levels of the other. Not in words, not in commands, not in fear.
The path is love. The magic is to relate. From within. Somewhere I could sense Paulo Coelho's Alchemist in this movie too. And his beautiful words 'And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it'.

There are movie makers like Cameron and story tellers like Coelho who have unearthed the truth of life. But yet, we have travelled so far apart in our minds that we touch the spark of truth only for a few moments and then snuff it out with the darkness of our evolution.

I watched this movie twice already. I loved the colors of Pandora. I liked the planet around which Pandora is revolving. I loved the wisps of white floating flowers that descends all over to show a sign.

You can't understand what I am saying here. You can't relate to it. That's because you don't relate to me...:-)

Just take my eyes for a few hours and watch the movie through it. Relate to it as I did. Don't analyze how humans went to Pandora. Do not think how someone can float from one body to another. Do not compare the Navi's looks with the Krishna and Hanuman of our Puranas. Just let go of what you know. Be willing to embrace the possibility of the impossible. If you still don't understand what I have written, then you will never relate to me. We will part as the Navis did with the Humans....:-)

If there is a soul inside me, I want to float over the different worlds out there and be born again as a creature with my heart and senses tuned to nature...

Started dreaming again,
A naive Kalps :-)

No comments: