Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Yearbook created with memories


After moving to the other part of Silk board, I dread it whenever I have to cross it. The traffic snarls that this notorious junction has, is known to every Bangalorean!

But had to go past this junction and step into another part of the city to see my nephew’s daughter. While doing so, happened to pass by Banashankari, the place where we lived for around 12 years.

Little memories kept flooding back…
The Shanti Sagar, where Ram would buy Idlis and Vadas for Sunday breakfast,
The Ring road on which I used to have little Sanju sitting and hugging me on my scooter,
The Chemistry Sir who took my son’s tuition and how my husband and I took turns to drop him and pick my son up,
The road down to our apartment complex which held so many memories – memories of smiles and love,

I did release that I did not remember everything too. Like the unpleasant and unsure ones, the ones that did not involve smiles and laughter, the ones that my mind wanted to push back forever.

On a book with pages for every passing year, my mind was writing onto every page with a pen or a pencil. My heart has chosen when to write with a pen and when to wield a pencil.
And the print on some pages are so strongly written that the other pages bear its imprint too. 

With these memories bringing the smile on my face, I moved on and returned to my current home.

Home is where the heart is...

One day, I am sure, the memories of this home, the people I have met here, the good experiences will be recorded and retrieved too. 

Let’s make more memories in 2019 - joyful ones, the ones with love and laughter - and keep writing them into our diary of life 😊

Penning this down,
Kalps


No comments: